Docs Guide revisited?

Mark Johnson mjohnson at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 20:30:39 UTC 2005

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 13:23 -0400, Tammy Fox wrote:
>
>>Hi Paul et all,
>>
>>Looking at FedoraDocsSchedule, Paul and I are responsible for the task
>>"Finalize Documentation Guide outline" after FC4 is finished.
>>
>>So, seems like we should get cracking on this again.
>

> Absolutely!  My non-Fedora schedule has unfortunately pushed me behind
> on this, but it is topping my list.
>
>>This is probably related to Karsten's email about him and Mark updating
>>the XML usage guidelines, since they are currently part of the Docs
>>Guide.

Yep, the plan is that the "Markup Policy Guidelines" (MPG) will
eventually make it into the Docs Guide. (But see followup message..)

> I am assuming other people have visited and added to the DocGuide
> outline on the wiki as desired.

I tried to edit the page, but can't figure out how. Nor can I make a
homepage. Ugh. (/me feels like a wiki idiot. feel free to help me
off-list...)

I was going to add to Chap V, sec C.:

C-c C-e  	insert-element

C-c C-r  	tag-region

As well as a link to the "Emacs/PSGML Quick Reference":
http://www.snee.com/bob/sgmlfree/psgmqref.html

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Johnson                     <mjohnson at redhat.com>
OS Product Documentation
Engineering, Red Hat, Inc.       <http://www.redhat.com>
Tel: 919.754.4151                Fax: 919.754.3708
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242