Governance policy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:52:30 UTC 2006

Pursuant to Tuesday's board meeting, I am tasked with going through the
list of "projects" on the wiki and figuring out how well our draft
DefiningProjects page discerns our projects from our SIGs.  One of the
major dividing lines for an official project is a governance policy, and
I'm not sure we have one of those for Docs.

For several years, Karsten has chaired this project well, and I haven't
seen anyone beating down the doors to change that -- we've had to
proactively reach out and grab new people for the FDSCo, as a matter of
fact.  Perhaps we should have something written and plan an election as
best we can, since there is existing code for elections provided by
Toshio for FESCo.

Would someone be interested in drafting one?  It may be possible to find
one elsewhere and copy it, but at the same time review it to make sure
it works for Docs, seeing as how we have a very small active membership
relative to some other parts of Fedora.