[RFQ] Additional self-intro question

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Mon Mar 13 20:54:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:30 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> The response to the last several self-intro's was to ask if the
> candidate wanted to be assigned a task.  Should we add one more
> question to the self-intro template at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SelfIntroduction
>
> that asks the "are you self-directed or do you want to be assigned a
> task" question.  Maybe replace the "anything else special" question.
>
> Or does that remove the personal touch?

Mmm...it does sound a bit "tick the box that applies to you" when done
that way.

Maybe we should go a bit further with the hand-holding, and offer a
meeting/tutorial on IRC to people who Self Intro. It seems like we get
Self Intros, suggest areas of work to them and have a pleasant e-mail
exchange, and then nothing further really happens.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

Fedora Documentation Project: http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA