Development Focus

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 05:26:53 UTC 2006

Since opening this list I was surprised by the enthusiasm especially for
educational conferences.  However I strongly believe that both my and
Red Hat's efforts, time, and resources going toward K12LTSP at this
point should be focused mainly on developmental priorities at first.

1) Development work to get K12LTSP merged as an official part of the
Fedora distribution.
- Submit all K12LTSP packages to the Extras review process
- Adapt to the MueKow framework in order to eliminate lots of the
redundant OS building.
- Make K12LTSP into a "mode" you can enable and configure from a GUI
interface after you install Fedora.
- Write improved tools like selection of interfaces and it tells you
what it will happen.  That way you aren't surprised when a DHCP server
pops up on an existing network, causing all kinds of fun conflicts. =)

2) Development work of marketing, promotional and educational materials
in order to allow the message to scale to greater audiences with less
effort and low marginal cost.
- Educational videos
- Pamphlets
- Books

I *will* participate in the New England Linux education conferences
because I am relatively nearby.  If we have a hack-a-thon I will
probably want to participate in that too.

Maybe we could set aside some private time for K12LTSP integration or
MueKow integration design discussion sessions at one or both of the
NELinux conferences?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com