Development Focus

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Fri Apr 28 20:24:04 UTC 2006

> I *will* participate in the New England Linux education conferences
> because I am relatively nearby.  If we have a hack-a-thon I will
> probably want to participate in that too.
>
> Maybe we could set aside some private time for K12LTSP integration or
> MueKow integration design discussion sessions at one or both of the
> NELinux conferences?

The hack-a-thon and the design discussions are great ideas, but AFAIK
the LTSP devs aren't going to be at NELS. Jim McQuillan and Scott
Balneaves can't be there, and we have no indication that Eric Harrison
is planning to come. My guess is that a fedora-education design
discussion WITH Eric will be worth 5 such discussions WITHOUT Eric.

It's really Jim and Scott who've done so much work with the Ubuntu
team on Edubuntu, which is the first Muecow implementation (to my
knowledge).

We would also be thrilled to have Eric there since we could perhaps
talk him into helping with the LDAP session(s). :)

How about it, Eric? Is there any possibility that you could be in
Bethel, ME from June 17-20, or in Durham, NH from July 16-19?

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/

718 Fox Hollow Drive
Hudson, NH  03051  U.S.A.
+1 603.236.1054 (cell)