Thanks for answering the roll call. And now, a question.

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 15:46:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Tom Hoffman wrote:

> I just wonder if we couldn't get Sugar onto our existing systems
> before we try to convince our state governments to buy a million
> laptops (and Quanta to sell us a million laptops?)?  It seems like an
> easier bar to cross.
>
> --Tom

I think that Sugar has a-ways to go before it can be considered a
panacaea.  If you guys think it's legitimately something that educators in
the US will go for as a Desktop OS for the classroom, we could certainly
think about repackaging it for broader use.

The nice thing about the OLPC, of course, is that the hardware profile is
100% known -- which allows the developers to optimize Sugar for the OLPC.
That said, it certainly runs on other platforms -- my laptop running FC6,
for instance.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg