Hello Everyone!

Brandon Thomas bthomas21 at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 25 14:21:09 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,
I am Brandon Thomas, a Systems Developer & Web Administrator.  I had a
few years of experience in working in a school district while I was
still in High School and the district I worked in was really reliant on
MS software.  I'm interested in this group to see if there isn't a type
of movement we can start within the U.S. Educational system to shift
them to Fedora (or other linux distros) to reduce costs for districts
and the whole educational system itself.
Does anyone have access to any financial information in regards to a
districts costs in usage of M$FT products annually? I think it would be
very interesting to see a break down of how much a district uses for all
of their M$FT licenses (Office, the OS, user-licenses, Server OS's,
etc.)
Here's to the hoping of a successful SIG!
BT