[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] HC(s)12 Microcontrollers

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:55:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Brennan Ashton
<bashton at brennanashton.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would be interested in helping get support for the Freescale HC(s)12
> microcontroller support into Fedora.  As part of this I see packaging
> the gcc cross compiler (which I have done non officially), packaging
> some of the programmer tools, doing some worth with Eclipse so you can
> create a hcs12 project, and possibly doing some work with gdb support.
>  Is there interest in this? There is a fare amount of work that needs
> to be done to make this happen, and help would be appreciated.

Hello Bashton,

There is always an interest. If you think you have time to include
those little by little into fedora, please do so. Packaging is very
simple, and fedora's tool are straight forward but with strict
packaging guidelines. Fear not, I am here to help you.

Please do explain us how you plan to proceed, we will try to help you,
at least I will.

Cheers,
Chitlesh