[Fedora-electronic-lab] FEL / Yum Installation Notes

Nathaniel Steier innnnate at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 11:16:46 UTC 2009

Hello.  My name is Nathaniel Steier.  I'm very interested in the FEL project; I think it is exciting and has great promise.  This is also the first time I'm involved in an open-source project (other than being an end-user).

On the FEL main page [http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/], there are prominent links to obtaining a LiveCD.

I also found the comments on this post [http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2009/03/fel-yum-groupinstall.html] incredibly helpful.

[-]
Fedora Core 11 Yum Install:
# yum groupinstall 'Electronic Lab'

[-] Fedora Core 10 Yum Install:
# yum install alliance-doc irsim gds2pov magic-doc toped xcircuit qucs
netgen pharosc\* sk2py gtkwave iverilog drawtiming ghdl freehdl
ngspice gnucap gspiceui gwave geda\* gerbv gresistor kicad pcb piklab
ktechlab pikloops sdcc gtkterm picocom minicom arm-gp2x-linux\* avr-\*
avrdude dfu-programmer avarice uisp octave\* perl-Verilog\*
perl-Hardware\* tkgate linsmith

Perhaps these notes could be added to the main page as well?  This gives the enduser more install choices.