[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: gnucap snapshots instead of 0.35 stable

Thomas Sailer t.sailer at alumni.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 7 09:48:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 11:36 +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:

> Thanks Chitlesh, I will pick it up in a day or two. But, are you bit of
> sure that snapshots are stable enough to be pushed in rawhide.

The main problem IMO is that the "user interface" (read the command
language) has changed significantly, to the point that pretty much none
of my netlists that worked with 0.35 work anymore. And I have not real
idea how to fix this, because documentation and examples are scarce.

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 08:28 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> I would suggest that you create some scratch builds and put them into
> your FASusername.fedorapeople.org for the time being and notify the
> FEL's mailing list when you update your private builds. Hence we can
> test them.

I put the current snapshot source RPM onto:
http://sailer.fedorapeople.org/gnucap36-20091110-1.fc12.src.rpm

Only the source RPM though due to space limitations.

> The reason why I want to get these gnucap snapshots is because we have
> 7 standard cell libraries (more than 300MB) (pharosc) which needs to
> be re-characterised, especially those of 0.13µm. Upstream is using
> "winspice" to characterise them since some features on gnucap or
> ngspice are still missing for such advanced characterisations.

Can you elaborate? I have characterized a couple of commercial libraries
by now using an ngspice CVS snapshot between rework19 and rework20, and
now with your rework20 package. Earlier versions indeed had some
limitations (missing .measure features) that made characterizing
advanced flops impossible, but then again pharosc doesn't have any
advanced flops.

Tom