[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: Fedora-electronic-lab-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

David John davidjohn.in at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:55:47 UTC 2009

> Hello there,
>
> As many of you already know that the FEL[1] team wants to ensure that
> opensource tools can be used for the real life, we would appreciate
> some help in terms of such documentation.
>
> If you are familiar with tools like iverilog and ghdl, you can help us
> show the world what opensource EDA tools and opensource design flows
> can achieve. I welcome you to take one of the _completed_ opencores[2]
> projects and try to simulate it with ghdl or iverilog. Detail your
> procedures on
>

> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Demos/opencores/CHOSENPROJECT
> You can also upload your screenshots to that wiki page. To edit on
> that wiki page, please login with your FAS[4] username.

Hi Chitlesh
  This is a pointer that the Openrisc processor from Opencores works with
iverilog & gtkwave.
http://www.opencores.org/openrisc,vmware

I have used this on the Ubuntu virtual machine as shown on the page and it
works. It has not been tested on FEL, but the same setup should work.

Regards
David