[Fedora-electronic-lab] TAPR Open Hardware License

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 06:14:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Chitlesh GOORAH
<chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
| I think it could be accepted. However, it would be better that Fedora
| Legal add it into the licensing matrix:
| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing
|
| Please ask the Fedora Legal about this.
\--

I have asked Fedora Legal for feedback. In this regard, if we were to
package VHDL and Verilog cores under an open hardware license, I would
like to know as to how we should package them into FEL?

For example, if we package opencores.org cores, do we have a naming
convention like opencores.org-<project-name>, and put them under
/usr/share/opencores.org/<project-name>, or just
/usr/share/<project-name>?

Or, do we need to come up packaging guidelines for hardware designs
that people can use with FEL tools?

Appreciate your inputs in this regard,

SK

--