[Fedora-electronic-lab] thank you for this platform

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:09:16 UTC 2009

Nigel,

--- On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Nigel noldsworth
<noldsworth at googlemail.com> wrote:
| Thank you for this robust platform for digital design. I'm a digital
| designer. I was using iverilog and gtkwave on ubuntu. However last
| year, I had a lot of issues when doing maths with verilog. Then I
| tried Fedora to see if if suffers these issues, but haven't
| encountered any. I was impressed and sticked with Fedora ever since.
| With the recent gplcver and vrq, it makes verilog design exciting.
\--

Thanks for your feedback!

---
| In the meantime, I'm learning vhdl on my own and am unable to get the
| name of the current state of the state machine on gtkwave. Is there a
| solution for that so that I don't have to declare a special
| non-synthesized std_logic_vector.
\--

Does this help?
https://mail.gna.org/public/ghdl-discuss/2009-05/msg00003.html

If you have any issues or problems with the software and tools, please
file a bug report at:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

You can add Chitlesh or my name, e-mail address in the CC list in the
bug report.

As you might be aware, we are in the process of documenting
recommended workflows with our tools. In this regard, if you could
write to us on your use of the tools and workflow, it will be very
helpful for everyone.

We will prepare the documentation in LaTeX, and generate PDF for
users, developers.

Thanks again,

SK

--