[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] fel10 or f10 or sl5.4

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 15 16:21:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 2:11 AM, g wrote:
> which brings further questions.
>
> which would be better, install f10, get it working, then add fel?
>
> or, install fel10, get basics working and then enjoy el?

Hello "g",

As Thibault said, all FEL apps are available on standard fedora 10.
To clarify, the Fedora Electronic Lab LiveDVD 10 is Fedora 10 + KDE +
electronic design and simulation software.

So if you have fedora 10, you just yum install any FEL applications you want.

Work is being done to embrace other Enterprise class distributions
such as Centos and RHEL via the EPEL 5 repository.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

Some FEL applications such as gEDA/gaf, perl-verilog modules are
already available on EL-5 repository. The updates on that repository
is rare compared to that of F10 updates.

However I have no idea if EPEL is compatible with ScientificLinux5.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh