[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] Re: [Alliance-users] error while loading shared libraries

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedora.redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 20:33:46 UTC 2009

Hello  there,

I have just checked out your website
http://siliconinterfaces.com/home.htm

I would like first to welcome your initiative towards opensource solutions.

You will find my comments inline.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:07 AM, marcus escobosa wrote:
> I have had problems like that also.  There are a number of older libraries
> that you need to be compatible with Alliance.  Graham's website has a list
> of addons needed for Ubuntu.  I took the easy way out and used Centos 5.  I
> has also used Fedora 3.  I tried Fedora 5, but it has library issues like
> yours.

Fedora Electronic Lab is working hard to ease opensource design tools
deployment. We are providing for free and anyone can download,
Graham's standard cells, alliance and many more design tools. Work has
done to avoid those installation difficulties you have encountered.

http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL

> I like Centos 5 because it has old libraries needed by Alliance, plus new
> libraries needed by other tools from OpenCircuitDesign (Magic, PCB, etc.).
> For me, it was a good balance between old and new.
>
> -Marcus

We are also working on providing these design tools for free again on
the EPEL repository for the Entreprise class Linux distributions such
as Centos and RHEL.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

I would also invite you to have a look at "Toped VLSI Layout Editor".
There are feedbacks from many users who deployed Toped for their
companies.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh Goorah