[Fedora-electronic-lab] Patches: Submenus for electronics-menu

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:49:08 UTC 2009

Hello there and PeterC,

Fedora Electronic Lab includes too many EDA software and the actual
electronics-menu drowns the user into confusion. I have created
submenus on electronics-menu as you can see on this screenshot:

http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/submenu/snapshot.png

The idea is that the packager added the category "Electronics" to the
desktop file and hence the electronics-menu automatically shift it to
its appropriate submenu.

Below are 2 patches and the additional sources, they have been tuned
so that they are distribution independent.

http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/submenu/electronics-menu-1.0-makefile.patch
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/submenu/electronics-menu-1.0-submenus.patch
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/submenu/electronics-menu-1.0-submenu.tar.bz2

I am currently pushing it to the fedora testing repositories. Tomorrow, you can

yum update electronics-menu --enablerepo=updates-testing

Else you can pull it from here
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5787

Release: 1.0-4

Happy testing and I hope other distributions will adopt it as well.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh