[Fedora-electronic-lab] 8051 Assemblers and MCU 8051 IDE project

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 08:15:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Martin Ošmera wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to mention 2 interesting assemblers for 8051 processors.
> ASEM-51 http://plit.de/asem-51/home.htm (supported by MCU 8051 IDE)
> and ASL http://linux.maruhn.com/sec/asl.html (also supported by MCU
> 8051 IDE). They might be usefull for FEL.

Hello,

Can you file a ticket please ? We use these tickets as a todo list,
which anyone can pick and help.

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/report/1

I would also invite you to package its rpm if you want :) We are
having some RPM newbies packaging as well who are making quick
progress, so to be RPM expert. :)

You can follow some tips about rpm packaging here
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/ticket/19

> Also I am remaking official web pages of MCU 8051 IDE
> (http://mcu8051ide.sourceforge.net) and I would like to mention FEL
> there. Preferably with some nice looking logo or something like that.
> Has FEL any special logo ?

Cool, actually we don't have an official log for FEL as we are Fedora.
(this reduces confusion to some people who might think FEL is a
separate distribution which is not.) You can use the Fedora logo.

On the other hand I used this image to differentiate between FEL and
Fedora Education
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/images/felmain.png

This is a picture taken by TrondDanielsen, a Fedora contributor.

> And there is one more thing. A few days ago I have released one MCU
> programmer as a part of MCU 8051 IDE project. And I am going to
> release at least one more device of that kind. MCU programmes are
> hardware tools but they requires some special software to contol them.
> Would you eventualy add such a software to FEL ? I mean software for
> MCU programmer. In this case it's written in C++ & Qt4.

If you think it will improve hardware design experience, we will look at it :)

Chitlesh