[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] how to login as root at runlevel 5

Hi,

I am trying to login as root at runlevel 5 and it throws an error "Unable to authenticate user".

The menu shows options eg.
1) User1
2) Other...

When I choose 2) Other, it requests for username and password I enter "root" and the root password then it throws the above error.

Please do tell whether I am following the right method to login as root.

regards,
Sandesh