[Fedora-electronic-lab] Donations for FEL packages

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 17 18:45:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Ziyad Saeed wrote:
> Is there any plan for FEL Donations.
> Specially donation towards individual packages of a group. For eg, I'm
> mostly interested in TCAD so I can donate towards the TCAD group and
> donation will be split and send to individual softwares belonging to the
> group.

Actually the current active developers are Shakthi and I in terms of
managing the global FEL lifecycle.

I think donation should be either forwarded to upstream developers or
the Fedora Project. However Fedora does not really have a donation
infrastructure, except the budget received from Red Hat directly.

I would recommend you to ask upstream developers whether they need a
specific technical paper (e.g from IEEE), which they might use to
implement a new feature to the existing TCAD software. Hence your
donation will be fruitful for everyone. :)

Or another possible case would be, to ask upstream developers whether
they want to hold a talk in a leading semiconductor event (e.g IEEE
organized). Hence you can sponsor then to give a presentation to the
corporate environment or more technical public.

Chitlesh
--
Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab Architect