[Fedora-electronic-lab] Dead Upstream what should we do ?

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 20:15:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH
<chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
| Shakthi has recently encountered a situation where I think upstream of
| his package is pretty non-responsive, that we can call it dead
| upstream.
\--

Actually, I got one reply yesterday, but, I have been pushing this way
too far, and way too long! One of the authors forgot to "Reply all",
unfortunately.

I have sent some queries, and hopefully will get some answers. It is
good code, just that it has been unmaintained for many years.

---
| As far as I'm concerned, I would rather want to take over the upstream
| responsibilities and little by little migrate the code/features to an
| active upstream of existing opensource EDA software. In other words,
| improve the existing supported opensource EDA tools.
\--

Do you want to put these tasks as low priority, or do you want these
to be taken by any new-comers who can use it as a learning exercise?

Is it possible for you to prioritise the tickets?

Let me know,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan