[Fedora-electronic-lab] html file to help SysAdmin choose CentOS or FEL

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:07:42 UTC 2009

Hello there,

I have setup up a basic html page listing all FEL packages and their
versions with respect to Fedora and CentOS.

The reason behind this is to help a friend of mine choose where CentOS
or Fedora is appropriate for his analog and characterisation team.
Hence I've setup this page which I hope will migrate to our new
website, currently under design by Fedora Design Team.

The choice of Fedora or CentOS depends on the features and bug fixes
on the EDA tools. But at the same time (Since we maintain those FEL
packages for EPEL-5 repository), this html will also reflect the
critical path in packaging for a particular design flow and which
packages really needs to be updated or rebuilt.

http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/list.html

It was also once asked to publish a list of FEL packages. Well
maintenance of that list is a blocker. This HTML generated
automatically solves this issue. I've uploaded the sources of the
scripts to our FEL git repository, however if someone can improve them
it would be great :)

This html file already provides enough qualitative information that
satisfies many fields.From Spin maintainer to Ambassador.

regards,
Chitlesh
--
Chitlesh GOORAH