To: Discussion related to Fedora Extras <fedora-extras-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: xmms-artsplugin
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:26:59 -0500
seth vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:41 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
While we're on xmms, IMO, xmms' artsplugin should either:
1. Be packaged separately (preferred)
2. Be a subpackage.
1. It's a separate tarball, it should be a separate package.
2. As is, requires hackery in the xmms specfile to use the just-built,
but not-yet installed xmms-devel files.
3. It adds a dependancy on arts, which not all folks want/need (unless
it has been upgraded to the artsplugin-0.7.1 that is)... ( and AutoReq:
No shouldn't be used either)
4. When/If artsplugin is ever upgraded, won't require a rebuild of the
(Most of the same arguments can be made for packaging xmms-skins
separately too, especially since it can be .noarch and be shared among