Review needed: notecase

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Apr 6 19:34:23 UTC 2005

Another patch:
%changelog
* Wed Apr 6 2005 Toshio Kuratomi <toshio-tiki-lounge.com> 0.8.2-4
- Eliminate dos2unix warning by only running on regular files.
- Substitute paths in config.h from rpm macros.

The first part is trivial.  The second part is necessary in order to get
help to work.

The rest of my notes are at your discretion:
* Notemeister is very similar to Notecase and its group is
Applications/Productivity.  Since Notecase describes itself as an
"outliner" I think that would be a more appropriate Group.

* Except for prefix, paths in Notecase's build are hardcoded into the
Makefile.  For example:
  install -D -m 644 docs/notecase.desktop \
    "$(prefix)/share/applications/notecase.desktop"%{

This means %{_bindir}, %{_datadir}, and similar path macros aren't
having an effect on where files are installed.  So for now, the macros
in the %files section and where the files actually end up matches -- but
they won't if future versions of Fedora or Notecase change the positions
of these directories independently.  You may want to note that in the
spec or patch the Makefile and submit upstream.

This is the reason the second item in my patch operates on both
directories listed in config.h even though only one prevents normal
operation of the program.

-Toshio
--
toshio \ Questions for the            Would Morticia wear it?
 @tiki- \ 21st Century!               Would it look better on me?