Re: Request for Review: bioperl and its dependancies

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:08:29 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > * URL
> > >
> > >   If the module is available in CPAN don't use a URL
> > >   that contains the author id and the module version.
> > >
> > >   Example:
> > >   Use
> > >     http://search.cpan.org/dist/Heap/
> > >   instead of
> > >     http://search.cpan.org/~jmm/Heap-0.70/
> > >
> > I was using the urls provided when I searched cpan itself.
> >
> > Is this requirement documented anywhere?
>
> I am not aware about such a requirement. But even if, this should be
> reconsidered.

There is no such requirement.

This shows that even without a "QA checklist" different reviewers suggest
different changes based on personal preference, aesthetics or special
expertise. And I'm afraid, that won't change ever. Unless we return to
fedora.us style of marking items as "blockers" and "non-blockers" (or
"suggestions"/"hints", respectively).

> > > * Source tarball URL
> > >
> > >   If the module is available in CPAN there is a shorter URL.
> > >
> > >   Example:
> > >   use
> > >   http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JM/JMM/Heap-0.70.tar.gz
> > >   instead
> > >   http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/J/JM/JMM/Heap-0.70.tar.gz
> > >

> > Again, these came from doing a simple cut-n-paste from searching
> > CPAN.
> >
> > Is this other url form requirement documented anywhere?
>
> I am not aware about such a requirement. But even if, this should be
> reconsidered.

Same as above.