[DONE] Re: (!) CVS devel release bump at 22:00 UTC

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Apr 7 10:29:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:38:07 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> I would fully expect for there to be A LOT of build failures due to gcc4
> and friends.
>
> While that is running I'll continue working on the automation mechanisms
> so I don't ever have to do this again! :)

Right. With tag based build requests and an automated build system, it
should become more convenient to rebuild specific packages when necessary,
so e.g. C++/Python ABI changes don't block anything. But for the future we
need a roadmad/schedule and try something with deadlines anyway, so
package owners trigger necessary rebuilds in time, and true noarch
[data/doc] packages only get rebuilt when needed. For FC-4 we're still not
complete with regard to current package owners. Some are waiting for CVS
access, a few for sponsorship, and a very few have not reacted on
notifications and not added themselves to the Wiki page yet. For FC-5 I
assume it would be even less feasible to do such a pretty braindead
release bump, so assume this is the last time it's done. :)