Re: Laptop-mode-tools, and self-reintroduction

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 22:04 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

> Have to put a hold on this, because it sounds like it will conflict with
> the work davidz is working on for FC4 Core.  David should review what
> you have here and communicate his plans and existing packages.  This was
> previous discussed in fedora-maint list, you can read the archives here:
>
> See the thread "STR working out of the box" which began during March.

OK. To me it seemed like that thread mostly dealt with suspend-to-RAM, I
didn't realize that other power related stuff was involved. As far as I
can tell, fixing up STR seems pretty orthogonal to saving power while
the computer is awake but it would certainly make sense to deal with all
power management stuff in an organized fashion.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj stanford edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University