FC4 Status and the addition of PPC arch

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 13 04:57:24 UTC 2005

Hi *

Am Mittwoch, den 13.04.2005, 11:33 +1000 schrieb Colin Charles:
> This is in reference to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fFC4Status
>
> I understand that a lot of you might not realise that we have PPC Extras
> for FC4 Development branch currently, and it would be great if ya'll
> didn't forget that
>
> So, as opposed to currently just writing:
>
> 	<packagename> (i386, x86_64)
>
> Why not try:
>
> 	<packagename> (i386, x86_64, ppc)

Why not normally omit the architecture there completely? Then nobody can
forget ppc ;-)

It seems in 95-98% of the cases the rebuilding was done (and should be
done) for all archs supported. For the other 2-5% we simply could write:

<packagename> (only i386)

or

<packagename> (noarch)

Just my 2 cent...