Request for Review - PyRTF

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Apr 13 22:51:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 06:32:35PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > Shouln't this be "python-PyRTF" as per
> > <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageNamingGuidelines>?
> Strictly speaking, yes, but the "python-" prefix is superfluous due to
> the upstream name starting with "Py".

I guess there's precedent for that in PyXML and PyQt.

Personally, I think the clarity is worth a little bit of redundancy, but I
guess I don't have strong feelings.

Either the package guidelines should be updated to say "Unless the upstream
name actually already starts with 'Py'", or else we should be consistent.