Re: Request for review : moin

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 16:05 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've imported in the devel CVS branch the MoinMoin package I've made by
> merging various existing ones. Please : - Review it now if you're
> interested in using it and post your comments.
Did you manage to resolve the char encoding issues with generic, i18n'd
pages in MoinMoin?

FC's apache defaults to utf-8 encoded pages, but the generic
internationalized pages in MoinMoin are latin1 encoded.

This for example shows in the "help pages" if using "de" or "fr" as
preferred languages.

An actual example of a server exposing this issue:

In French http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SommaireAide

Or German http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/HilfeInhalt

>       * Hier ist eine ïbersicht ïber die wichtigsten Hilfeseiten:
>
>       * HilfeFïrAnfïnger - wenn Wikis noch neu fïr Sie sind

In both cases, the server claims to be sending utf-8, while the contents
is latin1.

Ralf