Re: Octave-forge and legal issues

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

Quentin Spencer <qspencer ieee org> wrote:

The octave-forge-mktarball.sh does basically what you described. I'm
not familiar with the use of NoSource--I figured this out just now from Maximum RPM. Is this the right approach? I haven't built the whole package, but this seems do to what I want.

Why don't you just build from a tarball with the offending source removed?
I do the same for the mp3 decoder in bmp.

That's my plan. I was just following Matthias's suggestion that I include a script that I used to build the tarball, and I was wondering if it made any sense to include the original source but omit it using NoSource, so that it is well documented how I arrived at the tarball that is actually being used.