Octave-forge and legal issues

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Mon Apr 25 18:34:40 UTC 2005

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

>Quentin Spencer <qspencer at ieee.org> wrote:
>

>>The octave-forge-mktarball.sh does basically what you described. I'm
>>not familiar with the use of NoSource--I figured this out just now from
>>Maximum RPM. Is this the right approach? I haven't built the whole
>>package, but this seems do to what I want.
>>

>Why don't you just build from a tarball with the offending source removed?
>I do the same for the mp3 decoder in bmp.

That's my plan. I was just following Matthias's suggestion that I
include a script that I used to build the tarball, and I was wondering
if it made any sense to include the original source but omit it using
NoSource, so that it is well documented how I arrived at the tarball
that is actually being used.