Re: Octave-forge and legal issues

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 13:34 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:

> That's my plan. I was just following Matthias's suggestion that I
> include a script that I used to build the tarball, and I was wondering
> if it made any sense to include the original source but omit it using
> NoSource, so that it is well documented how I arrived at the tarball
> that is actually being used.

Don't NoSource it. Just edit the source to remove the questionable bits,
and document what you did, without including the source that you removed
(aka, don't provide a diff).

Also, rename the tarball, so that it is obvious.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!