request for review: tre

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Mon Apr 25 20:40:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Aaron Kurtz wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 07:21 -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > <http://www.oobleck.net/kaboom/fedora/srpms/tre-0.7.2-1.src.rpm>
> >
> > tre is primarily a POSIX-compliant regexp library, but with support for
> > arbitrarily approximate matching. The package also includes agrep, a fuzzy
> > grep built using this library.
> >
> > Anyone care to review / sponsor?
>
> rpmlint says
> W: tre summary-not-capitalized lightweight POSIX-compliant regexp
> library
> Is this an important style point here?

I've always ignored that particular rpmlint error, but it's not like I
care. What's the general consensus? Existing packages don't seem to pay a
lot of attention to that one or to the no-trailing-periods one....

> E: tre non-versioned-file-in-library-package /usr/share/man
>
> various complaints about this for various files, which will make it
> impossible to have multiple versions installed at once, but this doesn't
> seem to truly matter.

I thought these were generally harmless?

> E: tre standard-dir-owned-by-package /usr/share/man
> E: tre standard-dir-owned-by-package /usr/share/man/man1
>
> This on the other hand should be fixed. %{_datadir}/* is causing it, and
> you don't want to do this. For one thing, both tre and tre-agrep
> own /usr/share/man/man1/agrep.1.gz

thanks, fixed. The real problem, I think, was that I'd done %{_datadir}
instead of just doing locale stuff

> W: tre one-line-command-in-%post /sbin/ldconfig
> W: tre one-line-command-in-%postun /sbin/ldconfig
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScriptletSnippets suggests but doesn't
> require doing this as %post -p /sbin/ldconfig and so.

Changed

<http://www.oobleck.net/kaboom/fedora/srpms/tre-0.7.2-2.src.rpm>

Thanks!

later,