Re: New Package Process

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:00:23 -0400 (EDT), Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> "Failing to build on one arch = blocker": If we're going to commit to this
> policy, we need to ensure that every developer has access to every arch.

And even then, you expect volunteer packagers to spend time on debugging
problems with architectures they don't have interest in. Often such
problems are the result of the upstream developers doing development and
testing for only a specific architecture.

I would really prefer if "architecture specific Fedora community
developers" filled the role of package co-maintainers. Else we would play
the "if it builds, publish it" game and offer something, which has not
been tested at all.