Re: New Package Process

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Some considerations, which IMO hasn't had enough attention so far:
> * I don't see a need why packages need to be maintained by single
> individuals, they should be maintained by collaborating maintainers.

That can happen, but it has to happen because

We /have/ to have someone who is ultimately held accountable for making
the package work. That's all the package maintainer is. How they get the
work done (by themselves, through collaboration, etc.) is up to them. I
agree that encouraging collaboration is good, but that needs to be done
without compromising the leadership function of the maintainer.

Best,
-- Elliot