New Package Process

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 27 22:25:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 17:59 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 15:58 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> > How many of the folks on this list have read any RPM literature at all?

>  - "maximum RPM" is OK but old:
>      http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

The "CVS snapshot" version is much better, it has been updated
significantly:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

This has often been my main guide for building packages and it's
generally quite useful for understanding what is going on. (I sort of
wish that this version were promoted to some more official status, the
original version is so out of date in some ways.)

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University