Sponsor request: descent (d1x)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Apr 28 19:43:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

Anyone agrees that descent (the 3d shoot em up) is great and belongs in
extras (iow wants to sponsor me)?

There has been a free (opensource) release of the descent engine and
this has been ported to linux and enhanced under the name of d1x:
http://d1x.warpcore.org

I know it needs shareware datafiles, this has been looked at by legal as
requested by me and according to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines
shareware datafiles are ok as long as they are freely redistributable.
Atleast I assume the text about shareware was added because of my
request to look into this, a reply to my original mail pointing at this
would have been nice.

I've build a specifle for this sometime ago and would like to import
this into CVS and then get it reviewed. But since its a new package I
need a sponsor before import to CVS according to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess

Thanks & Regards,

Hans