Re: Review Request: inadyn

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 19:08 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > After you have create a dynDNS account, you have to register the
> > hostname, you want to use, on the DynDNS website.
>
> Nope, still didn't work. I went to DynDNS's website, created the host
> entry as 127.0.0.1, and still got the same output from inadyn.

Eh... Can you explain what you are doing a bit more, actually? What you
register with DynDNS is the DNS name you want; you then talk to the
DynDNS server (using e.g. inadyn) every time you get assigned a new IP
address and ask it to update the DNS mapping.

If you go to the DynDNS website and try to map <name>.dyndns.org to
127.0.0.1, that really won't work to well, at least I can't see how it
can possibly be useful...

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj stanford edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University