Re: Sponsor request: descent (d1x)

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 21:43 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

Hi,

Anyone agrees that descent (the 3d shoot em up) is great and belongs in extras (iow wants to sponsor me)?

There has been a free (opensource) release of the descent engine and this has been ported to linux and enhanced under the name of d1x:
http://d1x.warpcore.org

I know it needs shareware datafiles, this has been looked at by legal as requested by me and according to: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines
shareware datafiles are ok as long as they are freely redistributable.
Atleast I assume the text about shareware was added because of my request to look into this, a reply to my original mail pointing at this would have been nice.

Yes, this was a result of that thread, sorry for not replying to your
original mail. It was an oversight on my part.

Post a link to the SRPM, and I'll review it. Also, you'll need to make
sure that the distribution permissions for the shareware datafiles are
included within the SRPM in writing.

I'm still confused about the new package process according to the wiki the steps are:
1) get a sponsor -> done
2) import to CVS
3) request review

So why do you request a link, shouldn't I import it into CVS?

Regards,

Hans