Re: D1x license

Michael A. Peters wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 09:00 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

Hi,

Before moving forward with d1x I decided to review all the legal/license details. The shareware datafiles (as distributed by SUSE) come with the following text:
---
The Shareware Descent Data Files are freely distributable to anyone and
everyone so long as they are distributed in UNMODIFIED FORM and no fees are charged. All the files must be distributed together.

Who owns the datafiles?
They are probably best to contact and find out.

AFAIK Parallax I'll see if I can contact them, what about the licence for the engine source?

Descent?
I think I bought that game for Linux at a used bookstore a few years
back, and it didn't work because my RH was too knew (I was running 8, I
think it wanted 6.x)

The source release works fine on FC3, I'm currently patching it up to build with gcc4 for FC4.

Regards,

Hans