D1x license

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 14:55:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 10:36 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:08:58AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > It sure would help if we could find something else shipped in Fedora
> > Core that had a "not for commercial use" clause.
>
> I have a vague memory of some package being dropped for having exactly that
> clause. I'll see if I can think of what it was....
>
> Anyway, I think anything with such a license shouldn't be in Fedora Extras.
> It'll severely limit the distribution. If need be, we can have a Fedora
> Non-Free.

A LOT of scientific and mathematical code is licensed as "Free for
non-commercial use". If we can't include it in FE, I'd understand. I'll
just have to email a lot of maintainers to beg for a license change.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!