D1x license

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Apr 29 16:08:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:55:19AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> A LOT of scientific and mathematical code is licensed as "Free for
> non-commercial use". If we can't include it in FE, I'd understand. I'll
> just have to email a lot of maintainers to beg for a license change.

Yeah, I know it's a pretty common restriction. But, if we want to move more
of Core to Extras (and I think pretty much everyone agrees we do), and make
Extras easily selected from anaconda, Extras effectively become part of the
basic distribution that vendors might want to actually provide. And having a
single package in Extras with this restriction would then basically restrict
all of Fedora.