Request for review: perl-BerkeleyDB

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 16:07:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 17:57 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > I'm still not convinced that it is a good idea to allow modules to
> > > build with different optimization flags than perl itself, but I seem
> > > to be the only one, so I've added it to this package (and to
> > > cpanspec).
> >
> > Again, perl is being build with $RPM_OPT_FLAGS. So, unless you build
> > with it, you're not matching perl's optimization flags.
> It depends on the Makefile's internals. ExtUtils::MakeMaker
> Makefile.pl's use the OPTIMIZE-flags that had been used when building
> perl. Passing OPTIMIZE to make in most cases is superfluous.

Nevertheless, the flags used to build perl were $RPM_OPT_FLAGS. So we're
not changing anything, even if we are being a little redundant. If
nothing else, we're ensuring that we're using the same OPTIMIZE-flags
that perl used. :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!