Request for rewiew: mbuffer-20050730

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Wed Aug 3 17:25:19 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 03.08.2005 schrieb Paul Howarth um 11:22:

> Bad:
>
> Source0 URL wrong. Instead of:
> http://www.rcs.ei.tum.de/~maierkom/privat/software/mbuffer/%{name}/%{name}-%{version}.tgz
>
> use:
> http://www.rcs.ei.tum.de/~maierkom/privat/software/mbuffer/mbuffer-%{version}.tgz
> (expanding %{name} is just my cosmetic preference here)

Done in release -2.

> Should probably BuildRequire: mt-st and openssl-devel for additional
> functionality. Otherwise, you get this from configure:

mt-st added as BR, because it is really small and the mt binary located
in /bin.

[...]

> Fix these and it's approved.
>
> Paul.

After a hard inner fight I decided to by mbuffer by default with
"configure --disable-md5", to have no dynamic linking against libs in
/usr (would be else openssl, krb5-libs and zlib). If someone likes to
have the "md5" checksum feature with mbuffer, he could rpmbuild rebuild
it "--with md5hash" instruction. Is this acceptable?

http://www.uni-x.org/review/mbuffer.spec
http://www.uni-x.org/review/mbuffer-20050730-2.src.rpm

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681