Cleaning up an old spec file

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 20:04:07 UTC 2005

On 08/05/2005 01:27 PM, Quentin Spencer wrote:

> 2. %ifarch s390
> I guess this probably isn't needed for Fedora. Does RHEL still support
> this arch? Is it worth retaining this type of thing for future
> support, or is this obsolete?

Red Hat supports s390(x) indeed for our enterprise line of products.  If
the package in question intends to make it into RHEL, s390 support will
likely be a requirement for Red Hat (though that should not necessarily
mean that Fedora must make it a requirement).

I'm curious as to why there are architecture specific changes in a spec
file.  They sometimes they denote a specific workaround for an issue.
If so, the problem might be good to get upstreamed.