Re: Splitting automated mail from human mail?

Jeremy Katz wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 19:06 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:38 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:

Getting the mail on the tracker changes is most of what makes things
worse I think. Otherwise, I really don't see a huge difference and I
think that the benefits are worth the high traffic -- it's at least
traffic with signal instead of just noise.

Compared to the review discussion bugzilla mails:
- Have lots of non-information on top - all the "please don't respond to
this by mail" blaa and such.

Yeah, this part is unfortunate. I'm not sure that we can really do much about that :/

- Don't have any context in them, to have the slightest clue you need to
go and read the bugzilla entry itself.

I find the threading to really give me reasonable enough context... especially as people seem to be being relatively verbose about things.

- "foo bar com added to CC" type of mails are rather uninteresting.

We shouldn't be getting these -- I'll double check the email settings with dkl

Oh well ... these are relatively minor annoyances which can be dealt
with procmail. One of my biggest irritations about these bugzilla mails
here is probably mixing "real" email discussion with non-discussion
mail, again procmail to the rescue. Having this stuff really trackable
in bugzilla IS a very good thing.

The goal is that we should just be getting "actual" comment/discussion mails. Maybe the right thing to do is just to only get the bugzilla mails on comment added and none of the other categories of bugzilla changes...

Jeremy

I am experimenting with the different email settings of the fedora-extras-list redhat com user. I think I have it
now where only new request messages will be sent and not subsequent changes but we will try this for a while
and see.

Dave

--
David Lawrence <dkl redhat com>