Extras build system upgrade notice

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 12:15:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

Seth, Jeremy, and I are upgrading the Extras build system today.  We'll send out
the announcement when the upgrade is complete, which is likely to take until
late Monday afternoon, US EST, to get all the pieces together.

Here are some things to expect:

o You immediately see the Job ID that you just enqueued
o The Web interface is easier to follow, the most relevant jobs are at the top
    of the page
o We'll be running 2 PPC builders (hopefully), so PPC should keep up more easily
o Users and their permissions can be changed on the fly, no more waiting to get
    added to the database

What you need to do:

o 'yum update plague' so that you have the latest plague-0.3 RPMs.  Once the
system is up, we'll push through FC-3 and FC-4 plague RPMs for those who aren't
running Rawhide.

Dan