bugzilla component creation for the newly included packages

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 31 17:24:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:51 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 17:49 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > I've just received a new bug (#167208) related to missing bugzilla
> > component for newly included packages to Extras. Is there some procedure
> > related to it? Does a package maintainer need to do something to create
> > the new bugzilla components? I assumed it's done automagically after
> > package import into Extras CVS, or at least at once after some time
> > period. Am I right?
>
> Unfortunately, basing off of CVS imports isn't really all that good for
> finding out who the owner of a package should be.  Per

Hm...  but why couldn't we do that?

I realize that there are cases where the importer of a package is not
the intended owner, but normally that is the exception.  The most common
of these is when a sponsor imports a package for a person that is
awaiting their CVS access.  Once said person gets their access, they
could easily change the owners.list file themselves.

Automagically creating the entry on import would at least ensure that
the component gets created.  We can always fixup the owners when needed.

Thoughts?

josh