How to remove a package from FE (devel)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Dec 6 12:26:44 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 12/5/05, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I packaged a special (newer) version of libgsf called libgsf113 for
>> goffice, whic in turn was needed for gnumeric / gnucash. Core now has
>> upgraded to the newer version.
>>
>> I'll ask (bugzilla) core to add an Obsoletes libgsf113, but do how I
>> remove the package from the extras devel repo, and what should I do with
>> bugzilla component (0 entries) and CVS?
>
> This sort of  a situation where you conflict with Core's update path
> should be avoided. it would have been best if you had communicated
> with the Core maintainer of libgst before you went ahead and made
> libgsf113 in fe-devel.  Did you try to contact the Core maintainer of
> libgsf before deciding to create this additional package?

Yes I did communicate with Core, and the Core developer was aware of
this extras packages, also it does not conflict since it install the
newer version in a separate prefix.

Actually THE core developer was not planning on shipping this version
for a while (its an unstable version) but A core developer decided to
bump it up anyway.

Regards,

Hans