lua maintainer

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Dec 8 08:14:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Warren Togami wrote:

> Roland McGrath wrote:
>> Lua is orphaned.  I maintain the monotone package, which has lua as a build
>> requirement.  I have no particular interest in or knowledge about Lua
>> myself, but if noone else is maintaining it then I'll take it over to keep
>> my build requirement up to date.
>>
>> Btw, I can't readily tell what else might use lua.  No built rpms require
>> it (says repoquery).  But I don't have a repoquery option to check for
>> Buildrequires referring to it, which is the only kind of dependency that is
>> actually likely for lua.

Actually it is possible to query BuildRequires with repoquery, but you'll
need to add a separate yum.repos.d entry for FE sources with something
like http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/SRPMS/ as
the baseurl. Then you can do

repoquery --whatrequires lua '*.src'

That works at least with the cvs head version, but should work with the
yum-utils 0.3.1 version as well.

> IIRC lua was included only for completeness, not because anybody actually
> used it.  There is an embedded copy of it inside of apt.  Go ahead and take
> maintainership if it is neglected.

I don't know of anything requiring it either, but then it can be used as a
standalone programming/scripting language if one is masochistic enough :P

 	- Panu -