Re: FE3 maintenance

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Warren Togami wrote:
With FC3 soon going to Legacy, we are considering slowing down the
addition of new stuff to FE3 because of concern that maintenance will
lapse.  My opinion is that you should only add things to FE3 if you are
willing to maintain it until that distribution is retired in Legacy.
This is currently an indeterminate length of time, as the proposed
length is when interest in that distro falls to a point where the
community is not able to keep it secure anymore.

Is there a stated policy for existing FE3 packages as FC3 goes to
Legacy?  Does FE3 go to Legacy too?  Are FE folks expected to maintain?

FE will continue to remain the responsibility of Extras package maintainers, and FL will not be expected to maintain FE. I personally think it would be counter-productive to close new package acceptance into FE3 at this time, but we may want to look into this in the future.

We're still thinking about what exactly will happen. Your opinions on this matter are welcome though.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com